From time to time, the Small Planet Foods family of brands—LÄRABAR, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and Food Should Taste Good—provides bloggers with products (or coupons for products) to sample for a potential product review, and may also provide other information about products, promotions, or services. If you have interest in the products or promotions, we hope that you will share this information with others through your blog. You may also have the opportunity to distribute coupons, product samples, or other items to your readers. In order to participate as a Small Planet Foods blogger, you must agree to all of the following:
1. When/if you share product news, reviews, or other information, and when/if you pass on samples, coupons, or other materials to your readers, you agree to always acknowledge that you have received the products, samples, coupons, services, or other materials free of charge from Small Planet Foods. For example, if Cascadian Farm sends you a box of new cereal, and if you decide to review it on your blog, then you would say something like “Cascadian Farm sent me a free box of their new program with the hope that I might write about it.”
2. In addition to always disclosing the fact that you received something free of charge from Small Planet Foods, you also agree that you will not make unsubstantiated statements about perceived benefits of the products provided to you. Though we want you to be open and honest about your own experiences with the product, unsubstantiated or non-factual statements like ”This cereal will eliminate back pain” would violate the law and subject you (and us) to potential liability. So, while we encourage you to express your own opinions and reviews, you agree that any non-opinion, factual information you present will be consistent with the information we provide you. We will always provide you with accurate and correct information about the product.
3. By participating, you also agree that Small Planet Foods has the right to link to, independently re-publish (in whole or in part), or otherwise use, any statements or other content that you create or post in relation to the products, coupons, information, or other materials, including without limitation, any recipes, tips, reviews, suggestions, images, audio content, or video content (the ”Content” ). You also agree that the Small Planet Foods is free to attribute the Content to you or your blog. If your Content includes references to, or images of, third parties (i.e., someone other than you) or other performances or content provided by third parties, you agree that you have all necessary permissions from these third parties to permit the brands/marketers to use the Content in this way.
4. In the event that we provide you with product samples or other items to share with others, you agree to do so responsibly, using care to prepare and/or store the product properly, and using care to avoid allergic reactions. If you conduct any sort of giveaway of these items to your readers or others, you agree to do so responsibly and lawfully. You agree that you will be solely responsible for all liabilities, injuries, losses, or claims arising in connection with your actions in the course of this program, including without limitation, injuries to (or harm suffered by) yourself or others.
5. You also acknowledge that participation is restricted to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. By participating, you are agreeing that you meet these eligibility requirements.
6. We may also ask for your feedback, either individually or as part of a group, on products, recipes, ideas, ads and other services and initiatives. All comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, recipes or other information disclosed or offered to us by you will become freely usable by us without compensation.
7. If you post Content in response to the products, coupons, information, or other materials received from Small Planet Foods, you agree to email us with a link to your post. Currently, the address for this is email@example.com, though this is subject to change.