A quick and hearty breakfast skillet that will keep you fueled to tackle the day.
Start to Finish: 45 minutes PT0H45M
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Yukon potato, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
1 Serrano pepper, seeded and diced
16 ounces Cascadian Farm premium mixed vegetables
4 large eggs
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and add to a large skillet over medium heat with a good drizzle of olive oil. Cook potatoes until they are tender and browning nicely, about 10 minutes.
2. Add diced onion and pepper to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until onions are soft, another 3-4 minutes.
3. Add thawed and drained mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir to combine.
4. For each egg you’re cooking, make a well in a section of the skillet and drizzle a tiny amount of oil in each well. Crack in the eggs and cook until the whites are set, about two minutes.
5. Cover the skillet and steam the eggs for 45 seconds so the whites set all around. You can steam further if you don’t want a runny yolk.
6. Season the skillet with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes if you want a bit more heat.
7. Divide skillet between 2-4 plates. It’s a full meal for two people or a nice brunch side for four.