This Pumpkin Pie, with our organic Cinnamon Crunch cereal folded into the crust, is sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Start to Finish: 2 hours PT2H0M
CINNAMON CRUNCH CRUST:
4 cups packed Cascadian Farm Cinnamon Crunch cereal, processed*
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
2 15-ounce cans pumpkin puree
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. To make crust, process* cereal in a food processor until it’s in crumbs. Add to a bowl with sugar, salt, and melted butter. Stir together.
2. Pack crumb mixture into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Take your time to press the crust into an even layer on the bottom and around the edges.
3. Bake crust for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Then let cool.
4. Meanwhile, using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together cream, milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, and sugar. Once mixture is smooth, mix in vanilla, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Transfer filling to baked crust. You might have a bit of filling leftover, but assuming you have a 10-inch pan, it should mostly fit.
6. Bake pie at 350 degrees F. for 55 minutes, rotating once halfway through to ensure even cooking.
7. Let pie cool for 30 minutes before serving and serve with lots of whipped cream.