A wonderful winter dessert topped with a slightly sweet granola crumble.
Start to Finish: 1 hour PT1H0M
30 ounces Cascadian Farm Frozen Mixed Berries
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 lemon, juice only
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Cascadian Farm Oats and Honey Granola
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add thawed berries with juice to a 12-inch cast iron skillet and place over medium heat. Stir in sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook until mixture is slightly bubbling, about 8 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and granola. Then stir in buttermilk and melted butter.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and dot the top of the fruit with large spoonfuls of the granola batter. Spread out the crumb topping so it covers the skillet, but it’s okay to have some space in between the crumb as well.
4. Liberally sprinkle the entire skillet with cinnamon sugar and bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
5. Let cool briefly before serving and serve on its own or with ice cream as a dessert.