A traditional, slightly spicy Thai chicken soup with lots of delicious vegetables. You can add noodles optionally, but the soup is excellent without them.
Start to Finish: 35 minutes PT0H35M
1 bunch scallions, chopped and divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 inches fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 carrot, grated
1 jalapeño, minced
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 quart chicken stock
1 15-oz. can coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 lime, juiced
1 10-oz. bag Cascadian Farm® Thai-style or Chinese-style Stirfry Blend
Red jalapeño, sliced for garnish
Lime wedges, garnish
1. Mince the white parts of the scallions finely and chop the green parts of the scallions in 1/2-inch chunks for garnish.
2. In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil, minced scallions, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, and carrots. Cook until veggies have softened slightly, 3-4 minutes.
3. Cut chicken breasts into 2-3 pieces and add to pot with chicken stock. Bring to a slight simmer, cover, and let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
4. Remove chicken and shred it into large chunks.
5. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, Cascadian Farm® Thai-style or Chinese-style Stirfry Blend, and shredded chicken back to pot. Simmer soup for a few minutes to warm ingredients and season to your liking.
6. Serve soup garnished with cilantro, sliced red jalapeño, and lime wedges.
OPTIONAL: If you are looking to make this soup a bit heartier, you can serve it with rice noodles or soba noodles. Cook the noodles separately and divide them between bowls, then ladle the soup over the noodles.