Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Potato Casserole
1 hr 15 min
This easy dinner takes advantage of two Cascadian Farm™ organic frozen timesavers—Spud Puppies™ and broccoli—for a dinner that’s small on prep time and big on flavor.
- 4 oz (from 8-oz pkg) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 2 cups Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic broccoli florets (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 bag (16 oz) Cascadian Farm™ Spud Puppies™ frozen organic crispy golden potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Step 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2In large microwavable bowl, place cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover; microwave on High 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until mixture can be beaten smooth with whisk. Stir in chicken and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir in frozen broccoli.
Step 3Spoon chicken mixture into baking dish. Top with frozen potatoes. Bake 50 minutes.
Step 4Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until casserole is hot in center (at least 165°F), edges are bubbly, cheese is melted and potatoes are lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tips & Tricks
- Experiment with different types of cheese, but make sure they melt nicely. Colby Jack and Gouda are good choices.
- We used rotisserie chicken for testing this recipe but any chopped, cooked chicken will work well.