Enjoy a slow-cooked Italian classic in just 45 minutes! Frozen mirepoix (diced onions, carrots, celery), pre-sliced mushrooms, boneless skinless chicken thighs and a jar of pasta sauce make this easy dinner a snap.
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked and drain spaghetti as directed on package
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (10 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic mirepoix
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Step 1Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
Step 2Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until pungent.
Step 3Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Step 4Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
Step 5In same skillet, add frozen mirepoix and mushrooms. Cover; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender.
Step 6Return chicken to skillet; pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with basil.
Step 7Cover; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Serve over spaghetti.