Easy Black Bean Burrito Bowls
This Cascadian Farm™ blend is the perfect starter for a black bean burrito bowl chock-full of brown rice, vegetables and finished with fresh toppings.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic hearty blend brown rice, black beans, corn and red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves
Step 1In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add frozen rice blend and water. Cover; cook 6 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked.
Step 2Divide among serving bowls; top with tomatoes, avocado, cheese and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- Try with other toppings, like cooked shredded chicken, sour cream, green onions and lime wedges.
- Want to add some spice? Serve with your favorite hot sauce, or top with sliced jalapeños.