Eggs Florentine Veggie Hash Skillet
This modern spin on eggs Florentine skips the traditional Hollandaise sauce for flavorful, tangy feta cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic root vegetable hashbrowns
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Step 1In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Carefully add frozen hashbrowns; stir.
Step 2Cover; cook 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Using tongs, stir in spinach; cook uncovered 30 to 60 seconds, or until spinach starts to wilt.
Step 3Make 4 (2-inch diameter) evenly spaced holes in mixture, exposing bottom of skillet. Gently crack egg into each hole. Sprinkle entire skillet with salt, black pepper and ground red pepper. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook 6 to 9 minutes or until yolks are set.
Step 4Top with tomato and feta cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- For a pretty presentation, remove any long stems from spinach before adding to skillet.
- Crack individual eggs into ramekins before adding to skillet to avoid broken yolks and stray pieces of shell in the finished dish.
1 Egg and 2/3 Cup Hash Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 210mg; Sodium 520mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g); Protein 9g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 40%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1