Root Vegetable Hash with Black Beans
This quick root vegetable hash with black beans is loaded with potatoes, carrots and black beans, and seasoned with cumin and chile powder for the perfect side dish for any weeknight meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag (12 oz) Cascadian Farm frozen organic root vegetable hashbrowns
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
Step 1In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Carefully add frozen hashbrowns and garlic; stir together. Cover; cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2Stir in black beans, cumin, chili powder and salt; cook uncovered 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 3Using tongs, stir in spinach; cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Step 4Serve warm. Great used to fill tacos or burritos!