Skillet Greek Chicken and Riced Cauliflower
This Mediterranean-inspired skillet dinner is flavorful, filling and it’s even great cold! Save some to pack in your lunch the next day.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (16 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bag (12 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Step 1In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken in single layer; sprinkle with salt, oregano and pepper flakes. Cook without moving 4 minutes; stir.
Step 2Stir in frozen cauliflower. Cover and cook over medium heat 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 3Stir in onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook uncovered 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Step 4Stir in tomatoes and olives. Top with cheese and parsley.
Tips & Tricks
- We liked using multicolored cherry tomatoes in this recipe for an extra pop of color.
- Resist the urge to move the chicken after adding to the oil. To get a good sear, you have to leave it alone for awhile.
1 3/4 Cups Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 1000mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g); Protein 32g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 4 Very Lean Meat, 4 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1