Weeknight Turkey Kale Soup
Heavy on the veggies, light on prep, a soup that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Frozen mirepoix (chopped onions, carrots and celery), canned beans, baby kale, and ground turkey make this hearty soup taste like you’ve been cooking for hours.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean (93%) ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 package (10 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic mirepoix
- 6 cups (from two 32 oz cartons) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 package (5 oz) fresh baby kale (about 6 cups)
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add turkey, minced garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break up turkey.
Step 2Add remaining teaspoon of olive oil and mirepoix to the turkey mixture. Cook 4 minutes, or until onions soften, stirring occasionally.
Step 3Next, add broth, cannellini beans, and chopped thyme. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 4Remove from heat and stir in kale.
Step 5Top with parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!