Italian Chicken and Farro Skillet
This easy skillet recipe features farro and chicken and is loaded with vegetables for a satisfying weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 bag (12 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic hearty blend with farro, broccoli, carrots and chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Step 1In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, seasoning and salt. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add frozen farro blend and water. Cover; cook 6 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until farro blend is thoroughly cooked.
Step 2Remove from heat; top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Tips & Tricks
- Farro is considered an ancient wheat grain that has its outer hull providing a nutty flavor and a chewy texture. Try with other toppings, like chopped tomatoes and fresh basil.