One-Pot Herbed Chicken and Rice
This easy one-pot meal transforms a pound of chicken, some herbs, a cup of rice and frozen mirepoix (chopped onions, carrots and celery) into a flavorful meal in just 40 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 oz) Cascadian Farm™ frozen organic mirepoix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups (from 32 oz carton) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Step 1Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mirepoix and salt.
Step 2Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and rice and cook for 1 minute.
Step 3Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
Step 4Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
Step 5Stir in almonds, butter and parsley.